28 February 2009

Aspirations


This exercise is asking the participant to identify what they need (red dots) versus what they wish they had (green dots). Here is a rough image showing 6 of the 10 responses. The majority of images come from IDEO's HCD Toolkit.


Interestingly, one participant numbered the priority of each. They are hung here in order from number 1 to number 6 in each category. I am not certain as to how she interpreted each image but for my purposes I'm listing them as this:

Needs:
1. Clean water
2. Truck
3. Books/education
4. Shop for amenities
5. Firewood
6. Cell phone

Wants:
1. A better house
2. Tractor
3. Doctor
4. Jerrican (or fuel?)
5. Electricity
6. Computers


I have a lot of thoughts about these images but I'll save writing about them for my actual thesis paper.

No comments: