11 January 2010


Learning #10: Honesty is such a lonely word.
Billy Joel might just say it best. In the context of design for social impact, sometimes I've wondered if the truth is always embraced. From metrics to making it stick, transparency comes at a cost. I know it's part of life but quite frankly, it ain't always easy.

Lest you think I'm depressed or something, I arrive at this place after an intense graduate degree filled with critiques and commentary, teaching experiences that have their own measure of intensity (if you teach, you understand) and a few experiences where I was stretched beyond what I thought possible. In looking forward, I hope I pursue honesty and grace in my relationships and work. But I gotta be honest. It can be lonely out there.

One of twelve in this series

No comments: